Portsmouth Gas Light Co. (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access or use the Portsmouth Gas Light Co. App (the “App”).
Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in this App and in e-mail, text and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App. This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App.
- You provide to the Company or is collected by any third party.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Automatically when you use the App.
When you download, register with or use this App, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as state and country of residence, e-mail address, or ANY OTHER INFORMATION THE APP COLLECTS THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION UNDER AN APPLICABLE LAW (“Personal Information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, including your unique device identifier.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App, subscribing to our service and posting and/or sending materials.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking.
When you download, access and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. We do NOT collect activity data such as individual schedule.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device including the device’s unique device identifier. Details collected by Android or iOS may include your operating system, and the mobile network information. We use this for troubleshooting purposes only in the event of app performance issues.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the App or delete it from your device.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
- App store and platform providers.
- Wireless network providers.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this App. The information they collect may be associated with your Personal Information or they may collect information, including Personal Information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection, if applicable.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect, or you provide:
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by the Company about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and for billing and collection, if applicable.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT OUR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.